The Hollow Places


This one’s going to be short and sweet.

Here are a few tips I can share after listening to T. Kingfisher’s 2020 humorous fantasy/horror-lite novel, The Hollow Places, excellently narrated by Hillary Huber:

1. If you suddenly find a hole in your wall … let’s just drywall that thing up and move on, shall we? No need to explore that further. 👀

2. Any museum with the word “Wonder” in it? Just keep wondering and walk on by. 🚶

3. Willow trees may look pretty, but don’t be fooled. They’re listening. 🤫

4. Taxidermied animals … are they friend or foe? Hmmm …. 🤔

Honestly, I’d hate to see what Kingfisher’s dreams look like … or her waking thoughts for that matter. I’m not a big fan of horror or fantasy, so an author who can get me excited about either genre is doing something right. If that’s a combo you like … check this out! It wasn’t my favorite of hers due to a slow start, but she always gets points from me for her vivid imagination!

★★★ ½

Thanks to Libby and my library for this audiobook.

 

Comments

Popular Posts