As Seen on TV


If imagining what I’ve read of this book so far as a dating profile, it would look something like “Aspiring single NYC woman looking for a small town Hallmark-movie inspired romance.  I live in a fantasy world where this type of relationship exists. I’m also immature and frequently love to speak in crass ways.”


This book and I are breaking up.  It was a short-lived relationship.  Maybe it wanted to take things further than I did, but after getting to know about 40% of it, I can clearly see we’re not meant to be.  I wanted sweet and happy, with maybe a little bit of “Ooo la la” *wink, wink* later.  This book initially seemed like it was going to be that, but quickly after meeting one another it went all Penthouse magazine on me, with such enticing phrases like ‘boning’, ‘gets a lot of tail’, ‘getting drunk and laid’, ‘f*ck buddy’, ‘hot’ and ‘pound’.  Be still my heart!  How could I resist such romantic eloquence?  


Sorry, As Seen on TV.  I know I agreed to this date, but you and I just aren’t compatible. I’ve seen great feedback from many of your other dates and I’m sure plenty more will fall for your charms and swipe right.  I wish you all the best!


(no rating)


Thanks to Forever/Grand Central Publishing, NetGalley and author Meredith Schorr for the opportunity to review this ARC. It will publish June 7, 2022



 

Comments

Popular Posts