A Beary Rainy Day


This charming story of a very gloomy bear named Wallow who learns to love the rain is the perfect story to teach young children about changing ones perspective on things and finding the good in a seemingly negative situation.  It's also a wonderful example of how our friends can be a good influence on us and open us up to new opportunities, just as Little Cub taught Wallow to have fun in the rain.  Adam Ciccio's story is told on each page with a lovely, easy rhyming style that would be useful for those like me who teach literacy to young children.  I particularly loved his poetic final line that Wallow hadn't liked the rain "because he'd never seen past the rain clouds before. "  This is a message that children and adults could all benefit from.  As for the art, I loved Emilie Timmermans'  eye-catching and inviting illustrations, which made even a rain curmudgeon like me want to go outside and play!  Overall, I think this would be a great addition to any child's library, and it just begs to be read on a rainy day.  I can't wait to read it to the kids I work with!

★★★★

#ClavisPublishing #NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts